Since 12 June 2017, radio products can be placed on the European market only if the product is in conformity with the Radio Equipment Directive (RED 2014/53/EU). As a designated Notified Body (Number 0200), FORCE Certification A/S is proficient in performing EU-type Examination for the Radio Equipment Directive.
EU-type Examination by a Notified Body is mandatory for products which do not have a relevant, harmonized radio parameter standard. EU-type Examination is voluntary for all other radio products. As there are still a limited selection of harmonized standards, the only way of approving many radio products is currently to obtain an EU-type Examination from a Notified Body.
FORCE Certification A/S (FC) is the only Danish Notified Body for the Radio Equipment Directive (NB no. 0200).
Plan your type approval
A product’s technical documentation must be reviewed as a whole, and we can prepare checklists available for this prior to the actual certification.
An EU-Type Examination is carried out as follows:
- The manufacturer fills out a short application form for certification.
- FC supplies a detailed checklist so that the manufacturer is aware of precisely what the technical documentation must contain.
- The manufacturer uploads its technical documentation to a shared online workspace which is made available by FC.
- FC reviews the dossier and provides feedback should any documentation be missing.
- The manufacturer amends the documentation and notifies FC when it is all ready.
- FC performs the examination. Should it prove necessary, any further iterations are agreed upon.
- Should test reports be missing for the current versions of appropriate standards, FC’s related test laboratories can carry out the relevant tests.
- FC issues an EU-type Examination certificate.
When submitting application forms you accept the FORCE Certification A/S policy for handling personal data in accordance with GDPR. The personal data policy is shown here.