Electrical and electronic products can be placed on the European market only if the product is in conformity with an applicable EU-directive for electromagnetic compatibility, such as the EMC directive (2014/30/EU). As a designated Notified Body (Number 0200), FORCE Certification A/S is proficient in performing EU-type Examination for the EMC Directive.
EU-type Examination for the EMC Directive is voluntary, but it is the strongest form of approval available for products to be placed on the European market. There are no additional requirements for products being type examined compared to products following the manufacturers internal production control only. The only difference is, that a Notified Body reviews if all mandatory documentation is incorporated into the always mandatory technical documentation.
FORCE Certification A/S (FC) is the only Danish Notified Body for the EMC Directive (NB no. 0200).
Plan your type approval
A product’s technical documentation must be reviewed as a whole, and we can make checklists available for this prior to the actual certification.
An EU-Type Examination is carried out as follows:
- The manufacturer fills out a short application form for certification.
- FC supplies a detailed checklist so that the manufacturer is aware of precisely what the technical documentation must contain.
- The manufacturer uploads its technical documentation to a shared online workspace which is made available by FC.
- FC reviews the dossier and provides feedback should any documentation be missing.
- The manufacturer amends the documentation and notifies FC when it is all ready.
- FC performs the examination. Should it prove necessary, any further iterations are agreed upon.
- Should test reports be missing for the current versions of appropriate standards, FC’s related test laboratories can carry out the relevant tests.
- FC issues an EU-type Examination certificate.