Certification of welders, welding operators or brazers
When your welders, welding operators or brazers needs to be certified to perform welding or brazing on e.g. pressure equipment or steel structures, FORCE Certification A/S provide services for certifying you and your welders .
Steps in the certification of welders or brazers
Welders or brazers may be certified either in their own company or at FORCE Certification A/S. Certification is performed according to standards for applicable materials and application area. When the welder or brazers holds the necessary qualifications, he or she will be recommended to enter for an examination, which will be completed with a certificate.
The certification is performed by our examiners according to the following steps:
- Assessment of the welder’s or brazer’s professional qualifications
- Welding/brazing of test sample according to WPS (Welding Procedure Specification) /BPS (Brazing Procedure Specification)
- Testing of test sample (non-destructive testing (NDT) and possible mechanical testing)
- Issue of certificate.
We also can examine the person’s practical skills and theoretical knowledge.
FORCE Certification A/S is accredited by DANAK (The Danish Accreditation Fund) as certifying body for approval of personnel.
All our examiners holds an education within the international welding educations EWF/IIW or similar, which guarantees that the issued accredited certificate lives up to European and International requirements.
Get your certificate on paper or digitalized
Testing and issue of a certificate are usually completed within a week. You may receive the certificate either digitalized or printed on paper. When the certificate is issued digitalized you will become registered in FORCE Certification A/S’s on-line database.
From this you will receive information on biannual confirmation and extension of the certificate. Your company performs the biannual confirmation of the welder’s certificate in FORCE Certification A/S’s server.
Furthermore, all welders or brazers will get a card of certificate (credit card size), holding a QR code which will allow read-only access to the welder’s certificates.
If the examiner finds that the person is not capable of passing the test, the person will be recommended to conduct further training.
Standards for certification of welders or brazers
FORCE Certification A/S is accredited by DANAK for certification of personnel for a number of international and national standards:
- DS/EN ISO 9606-1 Qualification testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 1: Steels
- DS/EN ISO 9606-2 Qualification testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 2: Aluminum
- DS/EN ISO 9606-3 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 3: Copper
- DS/EN ISO 9606-4 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 4: Nickel
- DS/EN ISO 9606-5 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 5:Titanium and zirconium
- DS/EN ISO 14732 Welding personnel – Qualification testing of welding operators and weld setters for mechanised and automatic welding of metallic materials.
- DS/EN ISO 13585 Brazing – Qualification test of brazers and brazing operators
- BN2 Track standard – Approval of welders and operators for track welding processes (DK).
The 5 ISO 9606-x standards all apply to handheld welding, while ISO 14732 is for welding operators, who perform either automated or mechanical welding. Welders, welding operators or brazers, who are certified according to these standards or EN ISO 13585, are also approved for welding/brazing of pressure equipment in accordance with the PED Pressure Equipment Directive (we are Notified Body 0200).
Guide to Certification of welders.