Certification of welders and welding operators
When your welders and welding operators needs to be certified to perform welding on for instance welding on pressure equipment and steel structures, FORCE Certification A/S can certify you and your welders to be able to perform the required welding tasks.
Steps in the certification of welders
Welders may be certified either in their own company or at FORCE Certification A/S. Certification is performed according to standards for materials and application area. When the welder holds the necessary qualifications, he will be recommended to enter for an examination, which will be completed with a certificate.
The certification is performed by our examiners according to the following steps:
- Assessment of the welder’s professional qualifications
- Welding of welding sample according to WPS (Welding Procedure Specification)
- Testing of welding sample (non-destructive testing (NDT) and possible mechanical testing)
- Issue of certificate.
We also can examine the welder’s practical skills and theoretical knowledge.
FORCE Certification A/S is accredited by DANAK (The Danish Accreditation Fund) as certifying body for approval of welders etc.
All our examiners holds an education within the international welding educations EWF/IIW or similar, which guarantees that the issued accredited certificate lives up to European and International requirements.
Get your welding certificate on paper or digitalized
Testing and issue of a certificate are usually completed within a week. You may receive the certificate either digitalized or printed on paper. When the certificate is issued digitalized, as a customer, you will become registered in FORCE Certification A/S’s on-line database.
From this you will receive information on biannual confirmation and extension of the certificate. Your company performs the biannual confirmation of the welder’s certificate in FORCE Certification A/S’s server.
Furthermore, all welders will get a card of certificate (credit card size), holding a QR code which will allow read-only access to the welder’s certificates.
If the examiner judges that the welder is not capable of passing the welding test, the welder will be referred to conduct further training. FORCE Technology is able to train the welder at the locations at Brøndby, Middelfart, Esbjerg and in Aalborg.
Standards for certification of welders
FORCE Certification A/S is accredited by DANAK for certification of welders for a number of international and national standards:
- DS/EN ISO 9606-1 Qualification testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 1: Steels
- DS/EN ISO 9606-2 Qualification testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 2: Aluminum
- DS/EN ISO 9606-3 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 3: Copper
- DS/EN ISO 9606-4 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 4: Nickel
- DS/EN ISO 9606-5 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 5:Titanium and zirconium
- DS/EN ISO 14732 Welding personnel – Qualification testing of welding operators and weld setters for mechanised and automatic welding of metallic materials.
- BN2 Track standard – Approval of welders and operators for track welding processes (DK).
The 5 ISO 9606-x standards all apply to handheld welding, while ISO 14732 is for welding operators, who perform either automated or mechanical welding. Welders and welding operators, who are certified according to these standards, are also approved for welding pressure equipment in accordance with the PED Pressure Equipment Directive (we are Notified Body 0200).
Guide to Certification of welders.