CE-marking – how?
The CE-mark is the most used conformity mark, but some directives use a similar mark e.g. TPED – PI-mark and MarED – Wheel mark.
As manufacturer, you have to follow these six steps to affix a conformity marking (e.g. CE marking) to your product:
- Identify the applicable directive(s) and harmonised standards;
- Verify product specific requirements;
- Identify whether FORCE Certification A/S as Notified body is necessary to assist with your conformity assessment;
- Test the product and check its conformity;
- Draw up and keep available the required technical documentation;
The Blue Guide, contains guidance on the application of all aspects of the implementation of EU products rules, including conformity assessments.