Inform your customers about your certification.
When achieving a certification of a managing system or a product, it is of great value, to inform your clients about this.
This can be done in different ways:
- Through promotion material
- By using our “Certification Mark for management systems” (CML)
- By putting on our “Product Certification Mark” (PCM) on the product or the products packaging.
Please note, that this kind of mark (PCM) are not to be mistaken with CE-marking, Rat-marking, SP-Krone or Pi in relation to EU directives, who has their own rules for use.
You have to make sure, that any kind of communication of the certification meet our demands, which are specified in General terms for Certification (ABC-Sys). These conditions are listed in par. 13.
Any use of our certification marks (PCM / CML) demands a written agreement about supervision of the production or management system.
What is a certification mark?
- A certification mark consists of a FORCE Certification A/S logo together with a distinct specification of the certification area.
- A certification mark is used as a proof of quality, which states that the company’s management system is certified or that the product in question is certified.
Example of our previous certification mark
This mark can still be used
Example of our new certification mark
Where and how can the mark be used?
Any use of a certification mark has to ensure that there is no doubt about what your certification covers.
We especially want to point out that the certification mark for a certified:
- management system (CML) cannot be used on a product or on the products packaging/manual/product sheet, since this incorrectly indicates that the product is certified.
- management system (CML) cannot be used on or in connection with the company’s laboratory tests, calibration testimonials/reports or inspection reports.
- product (PCM) may only be used on the physical product or the products packaging.
Requirements to the mark
- The mark must be the mark delivered/forwarded by FORCE Certification A/S.
- The mark must be reproduced in its whole and at least 15 mm high in consideration to its readability.
- The mark must not be larger than the company’s own logo, and the mark has to be shown together with the logo in a distance equal to the height of the mark.
- The mark must not be printed on materials, which causes that the text becomes unclear. For instance on textiles or on a very rough or rugged surface.
Communication regarding the certification
Communication regarding your certification does not require an agreement with FORCE Certification A/S.
Any communication (written, electronically, digitally or oral) regarding your certification must be true and in accordance the scope of the issued certificate. Please see our ABC-Sys, which describes the demands you have to fulfill to achieve a certification.
An example of communication can be:” Our management system is certified by FORCE Certification A/S according to ISO 9001”.
Use of FORCE Certification A/S’ certification marks for certified management systems (CML)
You have to pay attention to that the certification mark for management systems (CML) causes some limitations when used, which you have to respect.
It is especially the possibility for misunderstandings of the scope of the certification, which causes limitations. If your certificate does not include the whole company and/or not all products or services, you may not use the mark on letters, invoices, brochures, cars etc. without a clearly stating of what the certification includes.
Instead you can use the text indicated in the passage “Communication regarding the certification” or you can use a text supplementing the certification mark (last mentioned requires an agreement). For instance: “Our management system is certified by FORCE Certification A/S within development and design of xxx (mark represented/pictured)”.
Use of FORCE Certification A/S’ certification marks for certified products (PCM)
Certification marks for general use/application does not exist within product certification. FORCE Certification A/S’ product certification marks may only be used on the physical product or on its packaging, and requires a supervision agreement of the production. Please see our ABC-Product.
Products are typically marked according to standard rules, for instance CE-marking ( EU directives). Rules and requirements are described in the relevant directives and Orders.
Use of FORCE Certification A/S’ certification marks for third party inspection.
Certification marks for general use does not exist in connection with a third party inspection.
Use of FORCE Certification A/S’ certification marks for certification of persons/employees.
Certification marks for general use does not exist in connection with certification of persons/employees.